We designed our Cold-Gold Tape specially to shield radiant heat while having like the kind of show-quality material you see on a car in a prestigious competition, such as the Detroit Autorama Ridler award!
Most gold thermal-barrier products on the market use birthday balloon technology to deflect heat. Mylar can look fantastic but it is the same material used in birthday balloons. Yes it can reflect heat away, but so will aluminum foil at a fraction of the cost. Cold-Gold Tape is made from our proprietary TruGold thermal-barrier material. Cold-Gold Tape is comprised of a true gold color reflective layer combined with a lightweight high grade fiberglass cloth. The full fiberglass back (not scrim) can protect components in those critical seconds between the start of a fire event and full-flame catastrophe. The full fiberglass cloth backing cloth backing acts as a fire barrier even after the gold coating burns off. Giving Cold-Gold Tape another advantage of the plethora of balloon based barriers.
Cold-Gold Tape won’t degrade after long-term heat exposure. It can take constant ambient temps of up to 1,100 degrees Fahrenheit, intermittent ambient temps of 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit. Cold-Gold Tape is not designed for direct heat contact, however it can shield over 90 percent of radiant heat with a 1 inch space from the heat source.
- Reflective temperature of 1100 degrees F, 2000 degrees F intermittent
- Exclusive TruGold technology superior to Birthday Balloon gold materials
- Capable of reducing up to 90 percent of radiant heat
- Specially formulated fiberglass-based backing material also acts as a fire barrier for extra protection
- Should Not come in direct contact with heat source (needs an air gap)
- Size: 1.5 Inch x 20 Foot Roll
- Operational Temperature: 1100 Degrees F
- Peak Temperature (30 seconds or less): 2000 Degrees F
- Color: Gold
- Material: Proprietary TruGold
- Made in the USA
- Sd As Each
- Peel and stick and Radiant heat barrier
- Requires 1 Inch of airspace
- Not designed for direct contact
- Always wear safety glasses
- Dust mask, gloves, and long sleeves are recommended when handling this product
- Caution this material is electrically conductive
- Be sure to insulate any terminals that might come in contact with this product