db Skin is a water-based, air-curing, sprayable vibration damping compound that bonds well to sheet metal, wood, plastic and fiberglass surfaces. Its proprietary blend of silica-mica and ceramic suspended in advanced chemical binder greatly reduces structural resonance and vibration. db Skin effectively dampens vibration in a variety of substrates (panels) over a wide frequency range (10 to 40 KHz), and allows you to cover large surface areas very quickly when using a spray gun, brush or roller. When this spray-on sound insulation product is wet, it is purple, and as it cures it will change to black. db Skin can also be used on smaller areas, such as outer door skins and above the headliner.
This spray-on sound insulation material can also be used to improve the performance of speaker enclosures of all types, and on the inside of outer body panels. In wood enclosures, db Skin will soak into the wood and seal up pores, seams and gaps between the panels, giving an additional 3 decibels of sound damping. It will acoustically dampen fiberglass and plastic enclosures extremely well.
When db Skin cures, it creates an impedance mismatch that results in an increase in overall output by 1 to 3 decibels, almost doubling amp power and output. No special tools are required to install db Skin; however, a shutz spray gun will save a significant amount of installation time. db Skin may also be applied with a paint brush or roller, and it cleans up easily with warm water before drying. db Skin is best suited for vehicles where the interior is gutted.
- Withstands 200 degrees F continuous - 250 degrees F intermittent
- Sprayable or applied with brush
- Lightweight alternative to asphalt products
- Covers large surface areas quickly
- Increases performance of speaker boxes
- Size: 1 gal
- Operational Temperature: 200 degrees F
- Peak Temperature (30 seconds or less): 300 degrees F
- Color: Black
- Material: Proprietary Formula
- Made in the USA
- Sold As 1 Gallon
- Clean surface before installation
- Wipe with pre-paint cleaner
- Use a Shutz spray gun or roll on with roller
- Product is used for sound insulation
- Always wear safety glasses
- Dust mask, gloves and long sleeves are recommended when handling this product