The original heat wrap made from basalt fiber (crushed volcanic rock), our Lava Exhaust Wrap has all the same benefits as header heat wrap, but with a carbon-fiber appearance and improved durability. The Lava exhaust wrap is 25 percent stronger than fiberglass wraps, giving it prolonged life.
Using Lava Wrap on a header and exhaust system maintains hotter exhaust gases, decreases gas density and allows the exhaust gases to flow through the system at increased velocities. Greater exhaust scavenging is produced, pulling intake gases through the cycle faster, helping to lower air-intake temperatures. This results in more horsepower and reduces radiant heat damage. Lava Wrap lowers underhood temperatures by as much as 50 percent.
The Heatshield Products Lava exhaust insulating wrap withstands continuous temperatures of 1,200 degrees F and intermittent 2,000 degrees F. Please note this is a real-world-tested rating, so beware of inflated temperature ratings of similar basalt/volcanic rock products rated at 1800 degrees F or higher. Basalt (the volcanic rock mineral) is molten (liquid) at sustained temperatures of 1800 degrees F. Make sure you are getting the original volcanic rock wrap with the honest temperature rating. Installation is easy: Wrap it around your exhaust pipe, using overlap to hold it in place (like a hockey stick or tennis racket grip) and use our Thermal-Tie, HP Tie Wire, or hose clamps to secure the ends in place.
- Rated for 1200 Degrees F continuous, 2000 Degrees F intermittent
- Reduces under hood temperatures up to 50 percent
- Increases horsepower
- All rolls 1/16 inch thick
- Size: 2 Inch x 25 Foot Roll
- Operational Temperature: 1200 Degrees F
- Peak Temperature (30 seconds or less): 2000 Degrees F
- Color: Lava
- Material: Volcanic rock
- Made in the USA
- Sold As Each
- Product can be placed in direct contact with heat source
- Always wear safety glasses
- Dust mask, gloves and long sleeves are recommended when handling this product