Oil filters are often located in close proximity to hot headers in an area of the vehicle that doesn’t get much air movement. The new Lava Oil Filter Shield from Heatshield Products can help you avoid cooking the oil filter and the oil running through it while protecting the filter from road debris.
Lava Oil Filter Shield protects the oil filter from ambient heat and road debris by encasing the oil filter in the proprietary Lava Cool volcanic rock fiber-based thermal barrier material. The specially designed cover slides over the filter snugly and is held in place by magnets so it won’t slip off, which also allows it to be removed when necessary. The magnets are effective at trapping metal debris inside the oil filter, further improving the filtration and offering your engine more protection. The Lava Oil Filter Shield can withstand constant temps of 1,200-degrees Fahrenheit and intermittent temps up to 2,000-degrees F. It is oil, solvent and water resistant.
High heat generated by the exhauystem can saturate the oil filter, which adversely affects the temperature of the oil running through the filter, as well as the filter internals. In addition, the usual mounting location of the oil filter exposes it to road debris that gets kicked up under the vehicle and can potentially puncture the filter, cause oil loss and engine failure. Lava Oil Filter Shield protects the oil filter from heat and road debris. Lava Oil Filter Heat Shield is available in sizes to fit most popular canister oil filters.
- Withstands 1200 degrees F continuous, 2000 degrees F intermittent
- Special design allows for easy install and removal for reuse after oil changes
- Includes magnets which holds the shield in place and traps metal debris in the filter
- Water, oil and solvent resistant
- Size: 2.94 Inches ID x 3.25 Inch Tall
- Operational Temperature: 1200 Degrees F
- Peak Temperature (30 seconds or less): 2000 Degrees F
- Color: Lava
- Material: Volcanic Rock Fiber
- Made in the USA
- Sold As Each
- Product can be used as a radiant heat barrier
- Requires 1 inch of airspace
- Not designed for direct contact
- Always wear safety glasses
- Dust mask, gloves and long sleeves are recommended when handling this product
- Ford 5.0L Coyote
- Fram PH10575 or Equivalent