Made from crushed volcanic rock, Heatshield Products Lava Shield Mat has heatshielding capabilities with a carbon-fiber look. This insulator helps to reflect and dissipate heat, making it perfect to be an airbox heatshield or heatshield barrier to protect the paint on your carbon-fiber/fiberglass hood. Due to the natural chemical and acid-resistant properties of basalt (a mineral from volcanic rock), Lava Heat Shield is excellent to use in harsh environments.
Lava Shield may be used on a firewall to shield radiant heat, and is also perfect to shield heat in transmission tunnels. Keep the look of carbon fiber but have the functionality of the Lava Shield heat barrier. It can be used with less than 1 inch of airspace, but 1/2 inch minimum is recommended. It is also better to use Lava Shield on applications where there is little airflow, making it a superior insulator to aluminum and gold barrier fabrics in these conditions. Lava Shield withstands 1,200 degrees F direct continuous temperatures and 2,000 degrees F intermittent.
- Continuous operating temperature of 1200 degrees F, 2000 degrees F intermittent
- Capable of reducing up to 80 percent of radiant heat
- Adhesive backing sticks to almost any clean surface
- Helps shield fire walls, hoods, body panels, floor boards
- Size: 0.025 Thick x 47 Inch x 60 Inch
- Operational Temperature: 1200 Degrees F
- Peak Temperature (30 seconds or less): 2000 Degrees F
- Color: Lava
- Material: Volcanic Rock
- Made in the USA
- Sold As Each
- Self Adhesive and Product can be used as a radiant heat barrier or placed directly on heat source
- Always wear safety glasses
- Dust mask, gloves and long sleeves are recommended when handling this product