Heatshield Products Lava Wastegate Heat Shield is a specially designed thermal barrier to protect the turbocharger wastegate actuator and its critical internal components from the excessive heat exposure it???s subjected to from the exhaust side of the turbo. Protecting the wastegate from heat exposure will increase the diaphragm life of the wastegate, and allow for a more consistent actuation of the wastegate by insulating the diaphragm from constant and extreme temperature changes that affect how quickly the wastegate opens and closes.
The business end of this heat shield is made our proprietary Inferno Mat. This special high-temperature silica insulation can withstand constant temperatures of 1800 F and intermittent temperatures of 2200 F. It remains flexible and strong at even at sustain temperatures of 1800 F. Our Lava Shield is used as the outer layer to both give it that cool carbon fiber look and while adding another layer of insulation performance.
Instan is easy, in most cases not requiring removal of the wastegate, and can be uninstalled and reinstalled even after countless heat cycles. Each turbo wastegate heat shield includes wire for the capstan fastener.
- Wastegate Lava Heat Shield 64mm - 66mm Housings
- Continuous operating temperature of 1800 degrees F, 2200 degrees F intermittent
- Capable of reducing up to 60 percent of radiant heat
- Superior design with silica contact layer
- Keeps the diaphragm from deteriorating due to heat cycles and helps with longevity
- Helps for more consistent and precise operation of the wastegate valve
- Increase turbo performance and consistency
- Easily installed and removed, even after countless heat cycles
- Size: 64mm - 66mm Housings
- Operational Temperature: 1800 degrees F
- Peak Temperature (30 seconds or less): 2200 degrees F
- Color: Lava
- Material: Proprietary Data
- Made in the USA
- Sold As Each
- Anchor Hooks and Product can be placed in direct contact with heat source
- Always wear safety glasses
- Dust mask, gloves and long sleeves are recommended when handling this product