Thermaflect Shield is a universal flexible heat shield that deflects heat away and is rugged enough to be used for almost any radiant heat application. If used with a 1-inch air gap between the heat source and Thermaflect Shield and with good airflow, this heatshield can reflect over 90 percent of radiant heat. We use a 1/4-inch-thick BioCool thermal-barrier inner pad sandwiched between heavy-duty foil, bound and sewn together with a stainless steel mesh at the edges. BioCool is a non-caustic, non-flammable thermal barrier. It does not cause itching and won’t smoke or smell the first time it is heat-cycled. By binding the edges with this mesh, we created greater flexibility and a more rugged product. This heatshield withstands 1,100 degrees F continuous radiant heat, and 500 degrees F direct when in direct contact.
Thermaflect Shield is intended for wrapping around air boxes, electrical boxes and air conditioning components or is used to shield radiant heat from catalytic converters, mufflers and D, and on the bottom of the floorpans. Thermaflect Shield may be fastened with Thermal-Tie, safety wire, screws or rivets.
- Continuous operating reflective temperature of 1100 degrees F, 2000 degrees F intermittent
- Capable of reflecting over 90 percent of radiant heat
- Flexible, bends and conforms to almost any shape
- Simple installation, installs in minutes!
- Perfect radiant heat shield for mufflers, catalytic converters, DPF, and more
- Size: 6 inch x 14 inch
- Operational Temperature: 1000 Degrees F
- Peak Temperature (30 seconds or less): 1500 Degrees F
- Color: Silver/Aluminum
- Material: Proprietary Data
- Made in the USA
- Sold As Each
- Locking Ties Rivets or Spray-on Adhesive and Radiant heat barrier
- Requires 1 Inch of airspace
- Not designed for direct contact
- Always wear safety glasses
- Dust mask, gloves and long sleeves are recommended when handling this product
- Caution! This material is electrically conductive
- Be sure to insulate any terminals that might come in contact with this product