LR Samurai Rear Disc Brake Swap Bracket Kit. Low Range Off-Road is proud to release its own rear disc brake kit for the Suzuki Samurai. We tried other options from various manufacturers and found each of them sorely lacking in one way or another.
With the drawing board clean, we set out to make a kit that outperforms all others on the market by addressing specific features that they lacked. The LR Samurai Rear Disc Brake Bracket Kit allows the installation of front Samurai rotors and calipers on the rear axle to replace the factory drum brakes.
Disc brakes are simple to work on and have some real advantages over factory drums. Disc brakes are less prone to brake fade caused by heat. This is especially true in the case of the Samurai with its small drum shoes. Disc brakes are also notable for their reliability in adverse weather. This disc swap also involves the popular SJ410 Backing Plate modification which allows easy removal of axle shafts if broken.
This kit contains all the hardware needed for installation. You will need to supply your own calipers, rotors, brake lines, wheel bearings, and seals (replacements for all are available through Low Range Off-Road).
- For 1986-1995 Samurai
- Uses factory Samurai Front Brake Calipers
- Uses factory Samurai Front Brake Rotors
- Full Bearing Contact with SJ410 Backing Plates for Maximum Bearing Retention
- Allows for Easy Removal of Broken Axles
- Full 3/8 inch Thick Caliper Mounts
- Class 8.8 and Class 10.9 Metric Hardware
- Red Threadlocker Included
- Can use Factory Front Rubber Brake Lines or Low Range Off-Road 15 inch Stainless Steel Brake Lines