Toyota E-locker differentials are tough-as-nails and extremely reliable. One key design flaw that has frustrated Toyota owners for decades was the externally mounted locker motor which is readily exposed to rock damage.
In 2016, Toyota addressed this problem by designing a new internally mounted motor. Some form of external armor is needed for 1996-2014 Toyota E-locker rear axles.
Low Range's Electric E-Locker Motor Guard is not just for looks. This steel guard is precision cut and welded from 1/4 inch plate.
Installation is easy and requires minor trimming of the factory plastic cover. Due to casting variation it is possible that some grinding may be needed on the differential housing during installation.
Guards can be used on front FJ-80 axles if highsteer is used. Otherwise interference may occur with the factory tie rod.
- Tig Welded
- CNC laser cut, brake formed, and welded 3/16 inch and 1/4 inch thick ASTM A36 Steel
- Zinc Plated for Corrosion Resistance
- 1996-2004 Toyota Tacoma (TRD,Rear)
- 1996-2004 Toyota 4Runner (TRD,Rear)
- 2005-2015 Toyota Tacoma (TRD, Rear)
- 1990-1997 Toyota FJ80 Land Cruiser (Front) Hits on factory tie rod, requires modification to guard or highsteer
- 1993-1997 Lexus LX450 (Front)