All-Pro Off Road now offers a heavy duty Expedition version of its popular rear leaf springs for Toyota Tacomas. Long known for the superior quality and off-road performance of their standard duty leaf springs, All-Pro's new Expedition leafs are specifically designed to combine off-road performance with heavy duty weight carrying capacity.
The popular expedition style trend in off-road vehicles is resulting in trucks that are carrying heavier loads than normally seen off-road. Specialized long-distance excursion gear such as roof-top tents, recovery and repair gear, camping equipment and extra water and fluids can add significantly to the cargo weight of expedition vehicles, exceeding the intended operating parameters of typical performance leaf springs.
All-Pro's Expedition Leaf Springs feature a 20 percent higher spring rate than their standard leaf springs. They are otherwise identical in dimension and quality, providing the same eye-to-eye measurements and wheel travel. Our Expedition leaf springs are designed to carry up to 500 lbs consistently. They may settle up to 1/2 inch in height.
The Expedition Leaf Springs were developed in conjunction with All-Pro's Baja Taco R and D platform. The Baja Taco was developed as an all-around off-road vehicle with long-term expedition capabilities as a key design parameter. Expedition-oriented products are a growing segment of the Toyota aftermarket, says All-Pro's Jon Bundrant. Weve always been at the forefront of development for Toyotas, from rockcrawlers to pre-runners, so the expedition products are a natural addition to our product line.
Note: Using a lifting block or shackle flip with our springs will void the warranty on our springs
- Number of Leaves: 9 plus 1 Overload/Rebound
- Eyelet-to-Eyelet Length (Free): 54-3/8 inch (1381 mm)
- Spring Rate: 236 lbs/in
- A higher number of thinner leafs provides a smoother, progressive spring rate compared to fewer, thicker leaves
- Double military wrap provides extra strength for the main leaf
- Torque Leaf, an extra half-leaf at the top of the spring pack, increases anti-wrap properties without hindering travel or ride quality
- Diamond-cut leaf ends to eliminate stress points which may weaken leafs and lead to premature failure
- Teflon anti-friction pads between leafs provide smoother flex, lessen spring wear and reduce noise
- Leafs are shot-peened after forming to relieve stress
- Every completed spring pack is pre-cycled to their travel extremity for quality control and to reduce the likelihood of initial sag
- Comprehensive 12-month warranty for non-racing applications when properly installed
- Fits: 05-Present Toyota Tacoma
- Size: 3.0 Inch
- Location: Rear
- Sold in Pairs