db Defender is a thin, lightweight, highly mold-able vibration damping material that consists of vinyl-based sheets designed to mold and conform to irregular surfaces to achieve 100 percent bond, maximizing damping performance. This car soundproofing material will stretch up to 40 percent to make an irregular surface appear as if it has been dipped in plastic. db Defender has twice the dampening and less than half the weight of asphalt dampening materials, and with the ability to handle continuous temperatures up to 250 degrees F. db Shield Defender consists of a proprietary component blend in a lightweight vinyl carrier engineered to convert structural resonance (vibration) into low-level heat through friction. The friction is created from each proprietary component blend coming in contact with one another as the substrate (or panel) vibrates.
db Defender is ideally suited to create or replace a vapor barrier behind an interior door panel, and is much more dense and rugged than the flimsy plastic or wax paper material provided by many O.E.s. This makes db Shield Defender far more capable of blocking airborne sound that normally enters the vehicle via the doors. This car soundproofing material also blocks speaker backwave and prevents acoustical short circuits, improving audio system performance by eliminating the conversion of sound energy into vibration energy, giving your speakers cleaner, crisper sound.
- Twice the damping and less than half the weight of asphalt damping materials
- Heat moldable, giving a dipped in plastic look
- Paintable for the ultimate OEM look
- 0.045 inch thick Vinyl Vibration Damping Sheet
- Size: 37 in x 54 inch
- Operational Temperature: N/A
- Peak Temperature (30 seconds or less): N/A
- Color: Grey
- Material: Vinyl Vibration Damping Material
- Made in the USA
- Sold As Each
- Clean surface before installation
- Wipe with pre-paint cleaner
- Product is used for sound insulation