Looking for something easier to install on your pipes than exhaust wrap? Check out our Heatshield Armor, which can reduce radiant heat from your exhaust pipes by up to 70 percent!
The outer armor of Heatshield Armor is resistant to the elements, giving the shield a long life. We use either a 1/4-inch or 1/2-inch BioCool thermal barrier inner pad, bonded to a heavy-duty foil outer layer using a proprietary process. This makes it capable of withstanding 1,800 degrees F continuously, which allows this Heatshield to be placed directly on exhaust systems, turbo manifolds, downpipes and diesel particulate filters (check with state regulations regarding usage on DPF). BioCool is a non-caustic, non-flammable thermal barrier. It does not cause itching and won’t smoke or smell the first time it is heat-cycled. This makes it a far superior insulator compared to the clamp-on heatshields that allow heat to escape because they are set above the pipe and not directly insulating it. This exhaust heat shield materi is flexible, easy to cut (you can use a pair of heavy-duty scissors) and easy to install, and can be cleaned after installation.
A distinct Heatshield Armor advantage over an all-alloy exhaust Heatshield conduction with one hot side and one cold side: There is no metal-to-metal contact layer. Heatshield Armor can even be repaired with Heatshield Armor Weld tape. Heatshield Armor is available in two thicknesses: 1/4-inch for most naturally aspirated applications and 1/2-inch for forced-induction and racing applications.
- Continuous operating temperature of 1800 degrees F, 2200 degrees F intermittent
- Reduces radiant heat by 70 percent
- 0.003 inch thick armor layer
- Can be cleaned after installation
- Simple installation, install in minutes!
- The ideal heat shield insulation for your down pipe, DPF, or high performance application
- Size: 0.50 inch Thick, 12 Inches Wide x 3 Foot Long
- Operational Temperature: 1800 Degrees F
- Peak Temperature (30 seconds or less): 2200 Degrees F
- Color: Silver/Aluminum
- Material: Bio-Soluble Silica
- Made in the USA
- Sold As Each
- Locking Ties and Product can be placed in direct contact with heat source
- Always wear safety glasses
- Dust mask, gloves and long sleeves are recommended when handling this product.
- Caution this material is electrically conductive
- Be sure to insulate any terminals that might come in contact with this product