Don’t let the heat of your engine make you sweat! You can reduce underhood temperatures by up to 50 percent, keeping you cool at the track or on the street with the easiest to install and longest lasting heat shield blanket available for your headers Header Armor from Heatshield Products.
The abrasion-resistant Header Armor cuts effortlessly with heavy-duty scissors, making it simple to wrap around the headers. Removal of the headers is not necessary for installation on many vehicles. The exclusive BioCool insulation is capable of withstanding a continuous 1,800 degrees Fahrenheit with intermittent spikes of 2,200 degrees F, and it lasts longer than other exhaust wraps. It is a bio-soluble high temperature insulation that offers little to no smoke after it has been installed.
In addition to being abrasion-resistant, Header Armor has an aluminum layer that rejects chemicals. Because it does not completely wrap the entire header, it is compliant with most header manufacturers’ warranties. Kite available for single headers and a pair of headers, and all kits include a small spool of Inconel HP Tie Wire to secure this header heat shield in place. We also recommend using the 1/2 inch thick kits for forced induction and racing applications.
Wrapping headers with a high-efficiency heat blanket keeps heat in the exhaust system, moving it out of the engine compartment. This lowers underhood temperatures, helping with overall engine cooling and transferring less heat to the passenger compartment through the firewall. Header Armor also results in hotter and faster-flowing exhaust gases that create a scavenging effect to pull intake gases through the system quicker. This lowers intake temperatures further, resulting in more power. Fly low, fast and cool with Header Armor from Heatshield Products!
- Header Armor is easily trimmed and wrapped around headers
- Long lasting and abrasion resistant, with a chemical-blocking aluminum layer
- Withstands a continuous 1800 degrees F continuous and 2200 degrees F intermittent
- Compliant with most header and exhaust manufacturer's warranties
- Includes Inconel wire for installation
- Size: 0.25 inch Thick x 12 inches Wide x 36 Inch Long
- Fits Jeep 4.0L Inline 6-Cyl Engine
- Operational Temperature: 1800 Degrees F
- Peak Temperature (30 seconds or less): 2200 Degrees F
- Color: Aluminum/White
- Material: Bio-Soluble Silica
- Made in the USA
- Sold As A Kit
- Inconel Wire and Product can be placed in direct contact with heat source
- Always wear safety glasses
- Dust mask, gloves and long sleeves are recommended when handling this product.
- Caution this material is electrically conductive
- Be sure to insulate any terminals that might come in contact with this product