Heatshield Products Lava Starter Shield is specially engineered to protect the engine starter and starter solenoids from damaging heat. These components are mounted in the hottest part of the engine bay. Lava Starter Shield is made using the Heatshield Products patented and proven crushed volcanic rock fiber. This is an ideal thermal barrier when there is less than 1 inch of airspace between the starter and heat sources, such as headers, but also works great when there is more airspace. Lava Starter Heat Shield does not conduct electricity, unlike nearly all competitive thermal barriers. That means you do not have to worry about an electrical short occurring with exposed starter terminals coming in to contact with the shield.
Protecting the starter motor and solenoid from excessive heat will extend the life of these products, improve starter-cranking performance when hot and reduce electrical amp draw while starting under hot conditions. Lava Starter Shield protects the starter from constant temperatures as high as 1,200 degrees F and short-term temps as high as 2,000 degrees F.
This heat shield for starter is easy to install and typically does not require starter removal. Using heat-resistant and durable hook-and-loop fasteners, Lava Starter Shield is wrapped securely around the starter and will not come off when subjected to engine and driving vibrations. This allows for easy removal for engine servicing. Made in the USA, Lava Starter Shield is the best way to protect the starter motor and solenoid from damaging heat, preventing costly and inconvenient starter failures from ruining your day. It also has a cool carbon-fiber appearance.
- Patented Heatshield thermal barrier technology
- Withstands constant temps up to 1,200 degrees Fahrenheit and short-term exposure to 2,000 degrees
- Protects starter motor and solenoid from damaging heat
- Installs in minutes, typically without requiring starter removal
- Naturally water, chemical and acid resistant
- Size: 7.25 Inch x 21.75 Inch (Pre-1990's starters)
- Operational Temperature: 1200 Degrees F
- Peak Temperature (30 seconds or less): 2000 Degrees F
- Color: Lava
- Material: Volcanic Rock Fiber
- Made in the USA
- Sold As Each
- Velcro and Product can be used as a radiant heat barrier or placed in direct contact with heat source
- Always wear safety glasses
- Dust mask, gloves and long sleeves are recommended when handling this product