Looking to run bigger lights, a winch, or even just a better stereo system but still running with that tiny stock alternator Upgrade to a common larger alternator. With this GM Alternator Conversion Bracket, you can install a GM alternator on either the 1.3L or 1.6L motor. A donor alternator can be found in just about any GM vehicle built from 1973 until 1985 or they're easily found at auto parts stores, alternator repair shops, and junkyards. The models are Delco 10si or 12si. The more factory electrical accessories there are on the donor vehicle, the higher the amperage. This alternator can easily be built to put out 130 amps with parts available at alternator shops.
- Engineered for perfect alignment of the alternator belt
- Bracket is laser-cut from plate steel and hand MIG welded to perfection
- Comes with alternator bracket mounting hardware - all with 10, 12 and 14mm head bolts and nuts just like factory
- High-quality bright zinc plating for corrosion resistance - resists salt and harsh environments
Generally all you have to do to wire up your 2 wire GM alternator is:
- Cut off the factory Samurai plug.
- Connect the red wire from the GM alternator pig-tail to the alternators positive output.
- Connect the white/red wire on the Samurai harness to the white wire from the GM alternator pig-tail.
- Connect the positive output on the alternator to the battery with a replacement larger-gauge battery cable.
- 1986-1995 Suzuki Samurai
- 1989-1998 Suzuki Sidekick/Geo Tracker/X90 (Please note, these must use alternators that have 4 rib serpentine pulley)